You can be rest assured that the safety of our members and staff is our top priority, while ensuring you have a great time visiting us! You will see a number of modifications to our facilities and some new rules to help us comply with the latest advisory from Sport Singapore.
If you are feeling unwell or experiencing flu-like symptoms, please refrain from working out and seek medical attention immediately.
Please download this SAFETY FIRST GUIDE for full details on our control and safety measures:
safety first guide - your complete guide to our control and safety measures
Before Your Visit
- Download the Fitness First Asia App to book Gym Floor and Group Fitness classes prior to your visit.
- If you're feeling unwell or experiencing flu-like symptoms, please refrain from working out and seek medical attention immediately.
- Masks must be worn unless strenuously exercising or showering. Please keep your mask on at all other times.
Front of House
- Gym floor capacity will be limited to 1 person per 10 square meters or to a maximum of 50(whichever is lower).
- To facilitate crowd control, please observe the queue lanes upon entry and exit.
- Maintain a 1m safe distance from one another at common areas when not working out.
- SafeEntry check-in using your Trace Together App or Token.
- We encourage you to use contactless check-in and payment methods to reduce contact between yourself and our staff.
- Your temperature will be screened prior to entry at the building entrance or front of house.
- Please sanitise your hands upon entry and exit.
- Bring your own workout kit. We encourage you to bring your own mats, mat toppers, workout attires and towels. *We will continue to provide mats, workout attires and towels.
Gym Floor & Studios
- Group sizes will be capped at 5 pax. Masks must be worn during all group workouts.
- Capacity in classes, studios and swimming pools will be limited in accordance to the SportSG advisory.
- Practice safe distancing during your workout.
- Disinfect your equipment and mat before and after use.
- Plan and book your personal training session in advance. A Personal Training booking will also be required to be made through the app.
- Greet your instructors and gym buddies with Namaste.
- Stick to the 90 minute time limit allocated for all bookings.
- Aerial Flow will be cancelled until further notice.
- Bring your own boxing gloves and wraps.
- Fitness First employees will act as Safe Management Officers throughout the day to ensure compliance with the Safe Management Measures required by the authorities.
Member Lounge & Changing Room
- Member lounge: Only digital newspapers and magazines will be provided.
- All hot beverages, cups and mugs will be removed. You will be able to fill your water bottle with infused water.
- Please avoid contact between your water bottle and the nozzle of the dispenser.
- Reduce socialising and minimise communication with one another.
- Staff and cleaners will be cleaning and disinfecting the shared spaces and equipment regularly.
- All saunas and steam rooms will remain closed.
- Some lockers will not be available for use to ensure safe distancing in changing rooms.
- Amenities such as cotton buds, deodorant etc will be removed. Hairdryers will be placed at least 1m apart.
- Return your used towels and workout attire to the towel/attire drop.
- SafeEntry check-out using Trace Together App or Token.
Management reserves the right to refuse entry or require the person(s) to leave the premises if he/she fails to comply with the above safety regulations in our clubs.
WHAT IS FITNESS FIRST SINGAPORE DOING TO HELP MEMBERS TO STAY ACTIVE?
To help you continue your fitness journey during this period, you may subscribe to the all-new Virtual Studio where you can experience fitness on a whole new frontier as we bring to you our favourite signature classes from the studio to your screen.
Alternatively, you can engage one of our many Certified Fitness Coaches to get effective and customised one-on-one outdoor and online training sessions for you to stay fit and motivated. Getting back on track during this time isn't easy, but we're here to help. We also strongly recommend that you remain active at home and incorporate at least 30 minutes of exercise every other day to keep your immunity strong.
You can also browse our editorial blog to be informed with health, nutrition and fitness knowledge, and attend the complimentary health and fitness webinars with our partners for access to insight from health experts.
Why did Fitness First implement a temporary freeze on the International Fitness Passport?
Following the World Health Organisation’s declaration on 11 March describing Covid-19 as a pandemic, we regret to inform you that we will be implementing a freeze on International Fitness Passport usage for the time being, both in-bound and out-bound. Our clubs will stop issuing International Fitness Passports at Front of House, and members will be declined entry at clubs overseas. Rest assured that we did not make this decision lightly, though after consulting with various relevant bodies with more authority and insight on the matter, this temporary measure is in everybody’s best interest.
While the International Fitness Passport is a complimentary benefit, we acknowledge that this news may be disappointing to some. We apologise for the inconvenience and request your understanding as to our proactive stance; we look forward to advising when International Fitness Passport privileges can be restored.
Does this freeze also apply to Australia and the Middle East, where we currently have reciprocal arrangements?We have been in touch with our counterparts in those countries, and await their reply with regard to allowing our members access to their clubs. However, as we are declining their members access, we feel that this will also be the case for our members.